The EASA usually holds Spring and Summer conferences and an Autumn Meeting (incorporating the AGM) every year. In addition, ‘EASA Electronic Evenings’ seminars, regional meetings and training days are held.
Upcoming Meetings and Events
- 2023 AGM and Autumn Meeting
We are returning to St Mellitus College in St Jude’s Church at 24, Collingham Road, Kensington, London. SW5 0LX for this year’s AGM and Autumn Meeting on Thursday, 2 November 2023 at 09.30 a.m..
This year the theme running through our speakers’ talks will major on the issue of the availability of grant aid for church repair and conservation work. To this end we have invited Dr David Knight from the CBC to give a view from Church House, while Diana Evans will update us on the LPOW Grant Scheme and Historic England’s view of matters. I have also asked the NCT to bring their view of the situation to our meeting and we will welcome Catherine Townsend, the NCT’s Director of Church Engagement to speak to this subject. We will conclude our discussions on this subject when Trevor Cooper, the Chair of the HRBA, will give a final talk based around a paper he wrote giving a “Straw Man’s View” of the grant situation looking back from 2033 over the previous, or in our case coming, ten years of grant issues.
As previously we shall be jointly hosting, with the National Churches Trust, the annual presentations of The King of Prussia’s Gold Medal Award and The Presidents’ Award. Prince Nicholas, our Patron, will be presenting the King of Prussia’s Gold Medal Award alongside other presenters.
Please book electronically by Wednesday, 25th October 2023.
Further information, including the full letter from the Hon. Meetings Secretary, the programme and booking form will be sent out to Members via email and are available on the Meeting and Conference Papers page within the Members’ Area.
- Hold the date: 2023 Autumn Meeting and AGM
The AGM will be held at St Mellitus College, 24 Collingham Rd, London SW5 0LX, this year on Thursday, 2 November 2023. Full details and booking information will be emailed out shortly.
Past Meetings and Events
- EASA Summer Conference 2023Friday, 30 June to Saturday, 1 July 2023 Theme: “Foundation Stones” Booking Deadline: Monday, 29 May 2023 We plan to start with a visit to the Hartham Park Stone Quarry at Corsham, where Bath Stone is quarried underground. We shall see the Bath Abbey Footprints Project during a visit to the Abbey and hear in… Read more: EASA Summer Conference 2023
- EASA Electronic Evenings: Solar Photo-voltaic Arrays at two Cathedrals: October 2021Wednesday 6th October 2021 5:00PM “Further thoughts on the design and installation of these installations on sensitive sites” EASA will be holding a further virtual evening meeting at 5.00 p.m. on Wednesday 6 October 2021 developing our thoughts on Net Zero Carbon matters, with a seminar on “Solar photo-voltaic arrays at two cathedrals”. This is the third of our… Read more: EASA Electronic Evenings: Solar Photo-voltaic Arrays at two Cathedrals: October 2021
- EASA Electronic Evenings: Bats in Churches: September 2021Thursday 23rd September 2021 5:00PM Bats found in churches are a common issue when building conservation and repairwork is proposed. Help and support is often found through support from Natural England and other such ecological bodies, amongst whom is the “Bats in Churches Project”. To develop our knowledge further we will be running a seminar on the subject,… Read more: EASA Electronic Evenings: Bats in Churches: September 2021